Pages

Wednesday, January 2

STYLE RESOLUTIONS TWO ZERO ONE THREE

via.

Let me first of all wish you all a belated Happy New Year. I hope you started the year in style with lots of champagne and kisses. I already skipped January first by sleeping all day, and on day two of the new year, I'm still recovering from a smashing NYE party.

I'm pretty sure one of the most important things to help you grow as a person is setting yourself challenges, providing yourself with a never ending stream of self improvement and never letting your life become stagnant. But it's hard when you're in a sleep-study-eat-sleep routing to feel like making time for these projects. 

So, for this year I decided to just keep doing what I am doing and not set personal resolutions that I'll probably forget after only a month.*

But, it's true, a new year would not be complete without any ambitious resolutions, so for 2013 I made up some fashion related ones:

SIMPLIFY MY CLOSET
Starting with donating everything that has not been worn within the last year, so I can make room for great pieces.

WEAR LESS BLACK, EMBRACE MORE COLOR

ACTUALLY WEAR MY GOOD CLOTHES
I have a closet packed full of loveliness but only wear a fraction of the sum total. I'm guilty of always reaching for the same tried-and-tested look when I'm dashing trough the door. So I'll stop being lazy and try to be a little more risky with new combinations. 

DEVELOP MY OWN FASHION FORMULA

INVEST IN MORE TRANSITION PIECES
Living in a country where it's 80% of the time autumn, I'm in need of pieces I can layer. 


--------------------
* Okay, maybe one: limiting my cursing because it feels like I developed a mild form of Tourette's syndrome in 2012. 

0 blablablas:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment ♥